O
God, our Father and King, we confess to you that we view the calamities and
disasters visited on this world in confusion and blindness. We lose heart, we lose hope and we do not see
your hand at work in them. We are
confused on account of our earth-bound, sinful perspective. We are blind because we ignore the
perspective of heaven; the view of our holy God and the Lamb on the
throne. Forgive our willful ignorance by
Jesus who atoned for even our sinful thoughts.
Enable us, by your Holy Spirit, to view such disasters on earth from the
viewpoint of heaven. Amen.
Wow! Isn't this prayer powerful? Are you guilty of being full of fear from what seems to be going on in the world? I know I sure have been guilty. This prayer really hit me today as we prayed it together as a congregation during church. If you remember, last year I was full of fear. It was such a strange thing because I would not typically classify myself as a fearful person, yet last year it nearly consumed me. God has taken my fear away from me. He is working to renew my mind and keep an eternal perspective as He perfects my faith. I rejoice in His justice, grace, and mercy!


No comments:
Post a Comment