Friday, December 19, 2008

Confession

I should be so terribly embarrased that I wouldn't admit this to the world wide web; however, I can laugh at myself and not take myself too seriously. I realized yesterday, while helping a non-baking friend bake cookies (go figure!), what I did to screw up my cookies. The shortbread cookie recipe called for 3/4 c. butter. That should equal 1 1/2 sticks of butter. I used 3 sticks of butter. The sugar cookies...recipe called for 1 1/2 c. butter (equals 3 sticks of butter) and I used 6 sticks of butter. If you like buttery cookies...come to my house!!

Food for Thought: Do you realize I just used over 2 lbs. of butter on two cookie recipes? Do you realize how much that cost me since butter ain't (yep, I said ain't) that cheap? Hmmmm..... I drive my mother crazy! She has offered me cookie making lessons.

1 comment:

amy said...

Hey Cara!

I don't know if you'll remember me... it's been awhile. I found your blog through Melissa's Dance in the Rain blog.

It's Amy - we used to teach a small group together at MVNC.

Your blog is cute and your dauthers are beautiful and hilarious! I briefly read some of their antics a mintue ago. I have two daughters also and can appreciate the daily life of two little girls! :)

Warm wishes,
Amy