My uncle was very generous and gave Scott and I four tickets to the OSU game on Saturday. It was the first game of the Big Ten conference for this season, as well as Jim Tressel's 300th game. I never turn down the chance to go. I love the rush of excitement as I witness the cheers, chants, and applause of thousands of fans celebrating a victory of our "beloved Buckeyes." The band is just as much of a thrill as the actual football game.
We were too late to make it into the Skull Session so this is Kristin and I peering in to see this...
the feet of the band members!
Sea of ponchos! You can't see it very well but the rain is pouring down...and we are tucked underneath, nice & dry!
Ole Glory
What a surprise when Coach Tressel came up into the stands for a little advice from the fans!
6 points!
While I had a total blast, I have to say that while I sat there rooting on the team, I looked over the crowd with a question heavy on my heart...okay, maybe a few questions. How many of these people know about Jesus or are the Buckeyes the Lord of their life? Life isn't about us, our joys, our pleasure, or even our comfort. My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11. I hear people quote that verse and well, sometimes I think they misunderstand it. The verse isn't referring to or suggesting that our lives will come without hardship or suffering. His PLAN and PURPOSE for our life is to serve HIM wholeheartedly despite suffering and hardships without unfaltering faith.
1 comment:
Hey Cara, miss you on facebook.
Post a Comment