Lately I have been thinking about how we/our culture exalts "us" finding our voice. Who are you? What makes you you? Kate has had some "friend problems" this year. UGH! Each time there are problems regarding who she will play with at recess I tell her, "Kate, you have a choice. Others have to respect your choice." While I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with this, I do kindof wonder how Biblical it actually is. I am thinking that one of the problems with our society is that "everyone is right." We are afraid to say someone is wrong unless it is really, really wrong like killing someone. Well, I take that back. We are allowed to kill babies in America, as long as they are unborn. The lines between right and wrong, black and white are all blurred and everyone is confused. We continue to feed ourselves, our egos, our passions. The thing is that all of those things are empty & meaningless without Christ being at the center. Another thing that has been bugging me is how I am supposed to be "tolerate" to everyone yet I am supposed to hide and "shush" who I am and Who I represent. I just don't get it!
No comments:
Post a Comment