Monday, May 20, 2013

I'll admit....so you can judge

Sometimes I am just in the mood for a little country, the kind from when I was a teenager and the songs made you think there was a perfect life somewhere out there for you.  The perfect life that involved a handsome cowboy, a picinic on a sunny day or under the stars, a dance with no music, and most definitely an old Ford truck.  I don't know why this stuff still appeals to me because there is no such life that is truly a country music video.  I've been thinking how this music really affects the minds of youth, even myself as a youth.  On one hand it makes me want to crack up laughing...but I think that is because I know the Truth.  For all of those who don't "get it", I ache because they are longing for a fake reality.  A fake reality only sets up unrealistic expectations which will cause all kinds of issues.  I guess I survived.  Nevertheless, it is somewhat amusing to me to listen to my Faith Hill Pandora station (minus Garth - gag!!). 

Oh...I also have a Celine Dion station on Pandora, which plays Boys II Men, Backstreet Boys, and the such. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I totally get this!!!!! I love Rascal Flatts and the country music I listened to in the college days. There's innocence there that has been lost now that I'm older and wiser. Every now and then I indulge. But not too often or I find myself getting a little sad and/or discontent with my life. :)