I watched Anna playing school. She was reading a book to her students. She told her students to point to the front of their book and then the back. She then said, "We haven't covered this yet, but I would like you to point to the spine of your book." Funny!
I probably won't do this but yesterday I saw an idea that was so cool and neat in Februrary 2010 Family Fun. Unfortunately it is not posted online. Anyhow, the idea was provided to the magazine from a family who had purchased one of those photo boxes. Each night at dinner the family would share something that happened that day and write it down on a notecard (one of the bigger kind that fit perfectly into the photo box). They had dividers for each of the months. The dad called it the ultimate "family time line" that would capture even those everyday moments, not just the big events. I loved, loved, loved this idea! I guess this is kinda what I try to do through this blog. I have a terrible memory so the blog helps me to try and capture the memories. Whatever is your method of choice (scrapbooking, blogging, etc.), I hope and encourage you to do something to capture these moments as they will pass by way too quickly.


1 comment:
Cara, this is a great idea! Love it! Have you tried it yet? It would also help us slow down while eating which is definitely good for our health! Plus, if you are 5+ years behind in scrapbooking like me it would be a great tool to help with journaling when it isn't quite so fresh in your mind!
Post a Comment