I seriously do love subbing although it is absolutely exhausting! Last week I went to school early to volunteer and then sub in the afternoon. While helping students on mastering the "teen family" (11, 12, 13, 14, ... - any ideas on how to help these little ones truly master these tricky numbers are welcome), I had the boys counting blocks and then writing the number of blocks on their dry erase board. These two boys have a very special place in my heart. They are precious!! The one little boy (#1) counted 15 blocks and was struggling with how to write 15. The other little boy (#2) went to help him. He (#2) wrote 51 on the other little boy's (#!) board. When I said he had the right numbers but they were backwards he (#2) said, "I did that on purpose (name). I wanted you to figure out the write way to write it!" Bless their hearts....cracked me up! In respect to my subbing, I go back in this week on Thursday afternoon. One of the greatest perks of subbing is being greeted by these little ones when I am out and about. Before I know it, a little person has run up to me with pure excitement saying "HI!" It just makes my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment